Monday, October 6, 2008

October is my favorite

If there is any doubt why I love the fall the best, let me enlighten you.
The colors, the cooler temps, the way everything feels new and interesting, (even though a lot of things are actually dying or preparing to hibernate) there is just something special about this time of year. I think I appreciate it all the more because I know winter is coming and that means a lot more indoor activities and cold and darkness. So in addition to not blogging, I am enjoying this great time of year and have some recent photos of my job at Timpanogos Cave.




Although I do not mean to brag, you really cannot beat the view from my "office" window. I snapped this pic yesterday morning just as the storm was clearing out.



This is just over the 1/2 way mark on the trail. The picture does not begin to do justice to the fall leaves, but it give a pretty good idea. If you have not been up the trail lately, it is not too late. We are open until Oct 19.

This has been a very busy and crazy season. What can I say?
Sometimes we snap.


When it rains, we get a lot of rock fall on the trail. This came down sometime Sunday morning. We guessed it weighed around 200 lbs, but I don't really know. I do know I couldn't even budge it. I am glad it just happened when we were closed. Things could have been bad.



This was near the top, just below the entrance of the cave. we cleared some of the rockfall, but you can see it is still covering almost 1/2 the trail. I am sure we'll get the rest cleared soon.


More pretty leaves. The camera makes them light, they were really a dark, lovely red.

Here is a great shot from the Exit trail. When the clouds cleared later in the day these peaks were covered with a thick layer of snow. I guess it was too much to ask fall to stick around forever.

5 comments:

Birrell Family said...

Welcome back Natalie! Cool photos! I agree... you are lucky to work in such a beautiful place! We missed you on Sunday.
Please change our Birrell family link to birrellfamily.blogspot.com We changed ours over to blogspot. I noticed the girls are both getting taller. I believe Darci is the world's best hugger. She never leaves without walking around and giving everyone a big hug. I love that!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Great pictures. I need to get up there. GThanks for sharing those shots. Also, we had a blast last night. You are a stellar 30 year old!

Booth Family said...

Some friends of ours went to Timp Cave this summer. we told them to keep their eyes open for Ranger Johnson, but I guess they didn't find you. Great pictures; very Oregon-esque!

walkerbunch said...

Hi Natalie,
I didn't know that you worked at Timpanogos cave! -Those pictures you took are beautiful. -I'm glad your blogging again.

Dustan and Micayla said...

Nat--those pictures are amazing!!! And I about died when I saw Shiela Hunt!!! Tell her hi for me and that I love and miss her!! Thanks!