Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Several Months Shoved into one Blog!


Happy Birthday to Me!

Thanks to everyone who came to my birthday party. If you did not make it, we missed you. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and get together with friends and family. It took a lot of the sting out of turning 30!

Maile loved the balloons and carried them around pretty much the whole night. Parties are really for children anyway.
I think we had enough food! Everyone was so helpful and we had a lot of good food.
Thanks to David for helping keep everything organized and for lifting a lot of heavy things.
A huge thanks to Lane and Katie for pulling this whole thing off. I could not have done it without your grill and Slurpee machine! That made the whole party. You guys ROCK!


Bird Parties are always fun. This was a few weeks ago with my Dad's family at my Aunt's house. This is Maile and I with my Dad and my Grandpa. Four generations are the best.


Here is Erin dragging the girls around. They love her so much and can't get enough of her.
This is my dad's family. My uncle Dale was here visiting from Virgina. It was good to see everyone.

Maile being a stinker. But that is nothing new.

Darci was begging all night for someone to play with her. She did not care who, just someone. The problem was we all wanted to eat and talk. It is hard being a kid with adults.
DIVAS RULE!
Here is the fam posing with uncle Dale. Good times.


We took the girls to Red Butte Gardens one weekend. We hadn't been there before, but we had a great time and the gardens are beautiful. This is Mai and Darci riding a moose.

We had a game going on to see if we could find all the ponds. Lucky for us, there are a lot!
Maile was tired, but she did a great job being dragged every where that day

They have a children's garden for kids to play. So we played... And Played...
And played...




David and I went to the Greek Festival with our friends the Curnows. We had never been, but I would brave the crowds again just for the food. Of coarse I LOVE Greek food. But it was a lot of fun, especially with our friends.
Just ask them.


This was taken up Provo Canyon one afternoon when David and I both happened to have the day off.
We did a little walking and just enjoyed what was left of the summer.


We got to go visit Erin on her birthday.
It was really great to see her. She is the coolest.


On Labor Day we went to David's parents house for a BBQ and horse ride. The kids could not get enough of it. They wanted to go again and again and we finally had to stop when it got dark.



Girls Darci rode with everyone who would take her; this is her turn with Jessica.
And how can we not love a mama's girl?
It is easy when daddy is the one with the horse.
Or Jessica, or Grandpa or Kyle or Mike...










6 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

I LOVE LOVE the pictures. I am so glad you updated. It was so fun at your party. Thanks for inviting us. We are still young enough to pary ya know.

runningfan said...

Fun post! I enjoyed the pics...it looks like you've had a great couple of months. And I can't believe how much you and Erin look alike!

Dustan and Micayla said...

How fun!! Looks like you guys did a lot of fun things this summer! And Nat--you look so great!!

MakingChanges said...

Loved your update. Great pics. I am so sorry I didn't make it to your party. Totally wanted to be there but I got scheduled to work. RUDE! Sounds like it was a great time, though. Happy (late) birthday!

Birrell Family said...

Your life is much more interesting now that you are blogging more... and we can read it. Welcome back!

Melinda said...

I can't believe I didn't comment already, thought I did! Anyway, I dreamed about those brownies that night--yummmmm! Love the pics, I can't believe how grown-up Maile looks in some of them! Fun!