Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Crazy 8's

Okay, I have been told by a couple of people to post my 8's, so here it goes. You never know what is going to come out of this, but it should be interesting;

8 Things I am passionate about:
  • David (that is a given)
  • Darci (also to be expected)
  • Maile (how can I leave her out?)
  • Nature and the outdoors (hence my blog name)
  • Learning (the reason I am always going to school)
  • Exercise (there is always room for improvement)
  • My extended family (I can't say enough good about them)
  • Summertime (it is what I live for the rest of the year)

8 Songs I can listen to and never get sick of hearing

  • You got a friend (James Taylor)
  • You raise me up (Josh Groban)
  • Home (Daughtry)
  • Paralyzer (Finger Eleven)
  • The First Cut is the Deepest (Cheryl Crow)
  • Southern Cross (Crosby, Stills and Nash)
  • Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield)
  • Hot for Teacher (Van Halen)

8 Past books I have read

  • 3 cups of Tea
  • Water for Elephants
  • Pillars of the Earth
  • Tuesdays with Morrie
  • Running with Angels
  • The Alchemist
  • Goose Girl Series
  • The Kite Runner (I highly recommend this one by the way)

8 Things I say

  • It's all good
  • no worries
  • good times (David says I say this when I am nervous)
  • knock it off
  • NO!
  • Yoink
  • Smiley-Maile
  • Darci-luna

8 things that attract me to a friend

  • Real
  • sincere
  • free-spirited
  • fun
  • reliable
  • kind
  • give and take personality
  • non-judgemental

8 random things about me

  • I once weighed 60 lbs more then I do now
  • I met my husband in the 7th grade
  • I really hate to wear shoes
  • I talk to myself a lot
  • I always knew my first child would be a girl
  • I was once dumped on Valentine's Day (not by my husband.)
  • I punched a girl in the nose for making fun of me. (I was not a little kid either)
  • I always like to have something to look forward to

8 things I want to do before I die

  • Own my own home
  • see my kids grow up to be happy, androgynous, adults
  • Go on another mission, this time with David
  • Travel to a lot of cool places (too many to list)
  • Have grandchildren
  • Spend more time doing things I love
  • Learn more languages
  • Write a book

8 Things I've learned this past year

  • Don't blame God when things go wrong. There is a purpose behind everything
  • You have to be spiritually prepared to see the whole picture
  • Some things never change
  • 4 year-olds are a lot of fun
  • If you are doing your best, God provides the rest
  • Stress makes me loose weight
  • I have great people in my life
  • My husband is my greatest blessing

8 people I want to do 8's

  • Shannon
  • Stacie
  • Natalie
  • Heather
  • Micayla
  • Heidi
  • Maile
  • David

3 comments:

Marci said...

I was going through blogs and found yours. This is from Phil..."Ummmmm, Sorry about that." We had a good chuckle but he really does feel bad.

Dustan and Micayla said...

Oh my heck...that is so stinking funny!! Valentines Day...what a dirtbag of a high school boyfriend! How funny is that!!

Booth Family said...

Not sure about the 8s. All I can think of right now is 8 things that drive me crazy... It'll have to be another day.