Sunday, April 20, 2008

Latest and Greatest

Most of the pictures in this post are going to be very random, but that is how out life is right now.
This is the picture of Darci, Maile, David and our nephew Caiden celebrating Grandpa Johnson's birthday. The girls helped him open presents, blow out candles, and of coarse, eat cake and ice cream. Boy, do we love birthdays!
This blog would not be complete without a little update regarding the snow conditions on the trail at Timpanogos Cave. It has been quite a few weeks trying to clear the snow off the trail and make it passable. This is me smashing through the thick layers of ice and then digging below it to the soft snow, eventually reaching the asphalt below. Progress is slow, to say the least.

Just to prove there is progress, this is me posing at a point on the trail located just over 1/2 way. Behind me is a bench that is still partially covered with snow. The sad part is that the snow gets deeper the higher we go.

Not only are we digging through vast snow fields, but also a lot of rock and debris that has come down over the winter. We often go home at night a little tired and not a little sore. My hand was in a permanent claw shape for hours after we finished.

I had to pose in front of the icicles. Behind me is a pure sheet of ice that makes crossing this section a little treacherous. However, it is pretty.


Maile has a thing with trying on other people's stuff, especially shoes.

Darci has a thing for creating abstract art. I happened upon this one night after everyone had gone to bed and found it intriguing. This is a princess necklace, tied to a teacup using ponytail holders, filled with water and arranged with q-tips. Creative.

We took this picture on our way home from St. George. We decided to stop and visit my Grandpa Bird in Nephi and took this picture. Grandpa gave the girls each a little doll. They thought he was the best. That is because he is.

The girls love to "dance." Darci puts on her "gown" and she and Maile spin and twirl and pretend they are at the ball. David is usually less then thrilled with the idea of his girls being little princesses, but he could not help snapping this photo of them playing. I think they will be fine as long as they continue to watch sports with him and chase him around the yard. It is all about being well rounded. (Or so I am told.)

5 comments:

MakingChanges said...

Love the pictures! I hope you can get the trail cleared in time for the tours that are scheduled. Also, tell Dave princesses are okay. I have 2 but they still love to roughhouse with their dad!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

That is so fun to see all the fun things your girls are into. That is what makes life interesting. That is a lot of snow! Good luck..

Stacie said...

I loved Darci's abstract art. She and Allie would have a lot of fun doing art projects together! I can't believe all of that snow...I don't even like shoveling a couple of inches off my driveway a few times a year. Yuck!

Booth Family said...

Love the Timp photos. Good luck!Looks like you need it. Let's hope there's no more snow! Rachel's soccer game was canceled on Saturday because of snow!

Kerrilyn said...

And to think....I just thought they let the snow on the path to the cave melt and then they opened up. I had no idea you guys actually CLEARED it all. That is amazing, you must have some major cannons in those arms of yours. Who needs the gym when you are doing that.
P.S. I love the hard had, you look adorable....You go girl!!!