Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fun Weekend

Some friends invited us to go snowshoeing with some friends last weekend, and it was a challenge. We had a great time, however, and really did not mind the stiff muscles or tired limbs that we are still feeling today.

We hiked along the "snowmobile only" road for about 4 miles to reach the cabin. It was uphill pretty much the entire way, but we were not discouraged. It was a good chance to escape the smog and congestion of city life and remember that we love the mountains.



Did I mention that we were all carrying 40lb packs?



This is me objecting to having my picture taken.




I should have objected to this one. We stopped here for lunch and a sun screen application break.


David hardly even broke a sweat.


I think that considering it was our first time snowshoeing it was not half bad. I think we would even do it again.




You really can't beat the views!


This is the cabin we stayed in. Thanks to everyone, we had a really great time!


1 comment:

Booth Family said...

Looks like you had a good time! I've tried snowshoeing before, but it would be more fun to hike into a cabin.