Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Sunday

We really don't push the whole "Easter Bunny" idea with our kids, so when Easter morning arrived the girls were a little stunned to see a bunch of treats and toys left my some mysterious bunny.
However, there were no complaints about what he left.
We have had to explain to Darci each day since that the Easter Bunny is like Santa and only comes once a year, which is not for a very long time. She thought that was a great idea. I have to confess that this is the first year that we have had the Easter Bunny at our house. I know, but before anyone decides I am some lazy parent, let me justify my actions by saying it was because I really didn't want a lot of treats around that I would just end up eating. I guess that still makes my motives purely selfish. Oh well.
The good news is that my girls actually finished off most of the candy by Monday morning. In fact, I think I had to snitch some from their baskets when I realized that I was not going to get any marshmallow chocolate bunnies. They never missed them. Besides, they did get some non-candy items. We occasionally try to give the gifts that keep on giving something besides sugar highs and type II Diabetes.

2 comments:

Paul Thompson said...

Nice photos. The link worked. It was great to see you, Dave, and the girls. I'm glad I stopped by. Have to do it more often. Much Love.

Nature Nat said...

You are welcome anytime. Darci has already asked when you are coming back.