Thursday, February 7, 2008

What a week!


This was the result of David's commute last week. He was heading to work early Tuesday morning when he hit a patch of black ice and spun off the road. While sitting on the side of the freeway waiting for a chance to pull back into traffic another car veared off of the street and slammed into our suzuki. After he hit David, he drove off, leaving our mangled car on the side of the road. Fortunately David was unhurt, but we have had to get rather creative in our commuting efforts having only one car and two working adults.

The good news is that the car is not totaled and we will be able to get it back in a few weeks. However, in the meantime there is some smug driver out there who thinks he got away with something really clever. I guess he did, for the time being, but I also believe that the universe has a special way of dealing with hit-and-run drivers and I believe that he will get what he deserves in the long run.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow! I'd say Dave is a lucky guy. You gotta find the silver lining somewhere, right?

runningfan said...

I'm so glad Dave is OK! Good luck with creative commuting! I'm sorry your return to the blogosphere was for a sad reason...

Brittany and Scott said...

that looks like a nasty accident. glad no one was hurt. i have to say that i don't miss the snow.

Booth Family said...

Yikes! I just thought I'd check and see if anything new was on your blog, but I wasn't expecting smashed car pics! Glad Dave is a-okay.