Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bad Hair Day


This week so far has been eventful. The most dramatic event involved Darci, (big shock there.)She decided on Sunday night that she wanted to play with the scissors. I know that should have been a red flag, however in my defense, she has played with scissors numerous times in the past under supervision and done just fine. Both David and I were present along with my parents I figured all would be well. We gave her a pair of scissors and some old newspaper and let her cut it up. We were watching a movie while all of this was happening and during a few minutes of now regretful distraction Darci took full advantage and cut her hair off.

I was not happy, but what can I do now? Her once waist-length curly hair now sits just past her shoulders. Much of the natural curl had to be cut off and that is something I hope will come back one day, but who knows? She looks cute and I should be grateful that it was no worse, but I am really sad about loosing her length. (Notice how I talk like it is my loss). In some ways it is. Like all parents who want to live vicariously through their children, I always wanted long hair. I could never grow it, but my daughter can. So this blog is a tribute to my personal loss of Darci's hair. I know, pathetic. But I will march on!
Here are pictures of the "before" and "after". Notice the contrast in length. I would say about 8 inches difference.

Like I said. It does not seem to bother her at all. She is probably glad. It takes a lot less time to fix and does not hurt as much when mommy combs it. It is probably more practical for an almost-4-year-old.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I think it's a rite of passage. Don't all kids do this at some point in their lives? Hopefully she learned that cutting hair is a bad idea. I like the new 'do.

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Like I said before I think her hair looks adorable. I agree that this what all kids do at some point in their life. It was good that it was just the bottom of her hair instead of close to the roots.